As a leader in digital marketing, HubSpot is well-known for its blogs, videos, and certification programs. Although HubSpot the business may be famous to you, HubSpot the product may not be. There is a tonne of business jargon out there, and to be fair, HubSpot is a massive platform with many capabilities, as we all know. One of the most reputable live chat programs and one of the best live chat tools is HubSpot Live Chat. In 2017, HubSpot acquired the chatbot startup Motion AI, rebranding it as HubSpot Conversations.
HubSpot Conversions may rise by 20% when using live chat. 63% of visitors say they are more likely to return to a website that offers live chat. Live chat has the highest overall customer satisfaction rate of 73% compared to other channels.
Learn how to utilize HubSpot's Live Chat in the blog ahead.
What is Hubspot live chat?
A product in HubSpot CRM called HubSpot Live Chat enables you to create chat flows to let your team communicate with website users.
It's a more targeted way of communicating with the people that matter to you the most.
Using HubSpot live chat, you can interact with your clients while they are on the go, collect their emails, address their issues, and enhance their customer service.
HubSpot conversations chat widget
The HubSpot live chat widget on desktop and mobile devices is aesthetically pleasing and useful. Users can provide their email addresses in a window that appears inline during the conversation rather than filling out a traditional pre-chat form. Although customization is limited, an upgrade will allow you to modify the chat widget's color and get rid of the HubSpot logo.
A step-by-step guide to making use of HubSpot live chat
Step 1: Build- To create a welcome message
- To encourage visitors to your website to search the Knowledge Base before contacting your live chat representatives, enable the Knowledge Base search option.
- Turn on the option to assign certain team members to upcoming talks. Automatically assign discussions, then select the recipients of the chats from the selection.
- Click the choice. To decide when visitors should be prompted for their email address, ask them for it.
- Write the message you wish to see when the chat widget requests the visitor's email address in the Email capture text box.
- You can get a preview of your live discussion by choosing Preview in the top right corner.
- Click Save at the bottom.
- Select the target tab to proceed.
Step 2: Target- Choose which pages the widget should appear on
- Enter the following in the Website URL box to show the live chat widget while a visitor is on the specified website URL:
- From the first dropdown menu, choose Website URL.
- A targeting rule can be chosen from the second dropdown menu.
- Type the rule criteria in the text box.
- To add a rule, click the +Add rule.
- Click Add exclusion rule to block the live chat widget from appearing on particular pages.
- If you have any knowledge of the visitor, you can tailor your live chat to that knowledge. You should: When you get to the section on visitor information and behavior and want to create a dropdown menu with criteria, you should:
- From the first dropdown menu, choose a filter.
- Filters can be used to target both familiar and new visitors.
- From the second dropdown menu, choose your criterion.
- Add a new rule by clicking Add a rule.
- Click Add exclusion rule to block pop-up forms from displaying on particular pages.
- To create a new filter group with more targeting criteria, click Add filter group.
Step 3: Display- Customize the live chat display setting
- From the dropdown Chat header, choose the Name that appears on the chat widget.
- Use custom branding to display a generic team name and image. By selecting the Plus icon and entering the Name, you can upload a photo.
- The following users and teams:
- The names you want to be mentioned when the debate begins should have checkmarks next to them.
- The owner's contact information is as follows:
- Pick a backup option from the list for any new or unassigned visitors. Fallback for New visitors
- Unique Branding
- To add a picture, enter the Name and icon.
- Check the boxes next to the names you want to appear when the discussion begins for specific users and teams.
- You can modify how the widget operates on desktop and mobile devices under the Chat display behavior tab.
Step 4: Options-Customize your live chat's language setting
- Choose the right choice from the dropdown menu for language. Select a language to save, and then click Save.
- Turn on the toggle for Consent to gather chat cookies to enable the cookie consent wording for the live chat widget.
- When the consent banner shows are up to you. Select the ensuing radio button: before a visitor starts a conversation or Show visitors before you leave.
- Click the toggle Consent to process data to enable the archiving and processing of your customer's data.
- Enable the Consent to Communicate toggle to give visitors options regarding subscription types.
Add Live Chat to your website.
Step 1: Choose your live chat software after doing some research
- Adapt the live chat widget to your preferences.
- Create and add individualized welcome messages to the pages of your website.
- The Conversations Inbox of the tool automatically saves all live chat conversations you have with your contacts.
- Make a variety of contacts with customers and prospects.
- Select to sign up for Slack notifications for new chats.
- Make use of chatbots on your website to give your salespeople more time.
- Declare the online hours for your team during the conversation.
- Integrate with your CRM to centrally store all of your customer interactions and data.
Step 2: Install live chat on your software and a website
- Once you've selected your application, setup should be straightforward. The live chat software you use will typically provide you with a piece of code to copy and paste into the backend of your website. You may also look for step-by-step instructions in the majority of live chat programs.
- By modifying your live chat strategy to consider the buyer's journey, you may increase the chat's ability to meet visitors' needs on that particular page satisfactorily.
Step 3: Make a live chat widget on your own
- After installing your software, customize the look and feel of your chat widget so that it matches your website and is visually appealing.
- Here are some ways you can customize your live chat widget.
- The widget's appearance.
- The widget's welcome message.
- Options for the widget's language
Step 4: Integrate live chat with your Customer relationship management system(CRM)
- Look for options that integrate with your other tools, such as your CRM or sales software, while evaluating live chat solutions.
- It will increase how effectively all interactions work (no hopping between tools and screens). Conversation logs, transcripts, and recordings that emerge from this are then automatically saved (and, therefore, easy to access, organize, and share).
- For instance, HubSpot's live chat integrates seamlessly with the CRM, giving your salespeople visibility into the prospect, long-term client, or new contact they are speaking with, as well as any previous interactions or transactions.
Step 5: Add salespeople to your live chat
- A crucial part of your workflow should include inviting salespeople to your live chat. Live chats will automatically assign conversations to salespeople once they are set up. After you've implemented them, it's time to train sales staff on how to use the software and how leads will be forwarded over live chat.
- You can arbitrarily triage these incoming live chat messages depending on your live chat solution. They can also be immediately assigned to your team members.
- For instance, the live chat feature of HubSpot delivers all incoming conversations to your email unassigned so that your team can handle them. If your company places salespeople in paid seats, you can route incoming discussions.
Step 6: Make a flowchart for your sales conversation
- After your live chat software connects with your CRM, plan the conversation flows your salespeople will engage in. At the beginning of the live interaction, you might utilize a chatbot to gather information about the prospect that makes them eligible for a specific location or rep classification.
- Pro Tip: If you use HubSpot Free Live Chat Software, you can create a Discussions Inbox to manage all of your visitor and customer conversations—including live chat, chatbot, and other types of conversations—from one location.
- Your salespeople may ask the correct questions to assist the customer in solving their difficulties once they have this knowledge.
Suppose you want a CRM tool that creates a structured framework and enhances your sales process by giving you automated data on your leads. You can speak with a live agent on HubSpot. It is cost-free, easy to use, and quick to pick up.
Thanks to straightforward features, you may focus on closing sales rather than arranging them. Inbound marketing is where HubSpot Live Chat CRM excels, and its key capabilities may compete with or even outperform those of other premium CRM programs.
Use BotPenguin as an alternative to HubSpot Live Chat. It is a customer-focused, AI-powered, free live chat platform.