A complete guide to Zendesk: What is Zendesk and How does it work?
Picture yourself as a salesperson. You’re just about to close a sale on a call with one of your potential customers. Still, while you’re getting giddy and feeling butterflies in your stomach, a bug in the network causes your phone call to crash. All data on this potential customer is lost by the time you’ve gotten your network back.If this sounds like an ordinary occurrence in your day-to-day business life, you probably need change(in form of CRM like Zendesk). While phone calls are a great way of giving your interaction with clients a personal touch, they’re not always reliable. In fact, according to Tweet This, 78% of salespeople who use social media outsell the ones who don’t.
Being present where the customers are is important. And the likelihood that your competitors are there is high.
That being said, it’s crucial to point out that while customer interaction on Social media platforms is essential, it’s not easy to manage and requires a little tweaking.
91% of businesses with 10 or more employees now use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software to boost their sales or fix the management issues that they face (CRM Magazine).
Zendesk is a CRM software that solves day-to-day management problems. If you’re planning on implementing Zendesk or any such software, this one’s for you!
78% of salespeople who use social media outsell the ones who don’t. However, carrying out tasks and managing customer sales online is a whole different ball game. CRM makes this job easier by bringing all scattered data on leads and customers into one fine funnel of data that makes sense, a CRM platform.
What Benefits a business can get out of Zendesk?
Zendesk Plan for Support
$19/Mo. $99/Mo. Per agent
Zendesk Suite Plans
49$/Mo.- 150$/Mo. Per agent
Zendesk for Sales Plans
$19/Mo.- $199/Mo. Per agent
What is Zendesk?
Zendesk identifies itself as a “service first” CRM tool.
Let’s elaborate on that so we understand it a little better. Zendesk is a cloud-based customer support platform that helps you engage with customers on just about any platform in a personalized way. This could be on your webpage, social media handles, and apps.
Managing and tracking customers on multiple channels can be a daunting task. Zendesk’s CRM helps you make all your customer interactions simple by bringing them from different platforms together with one simple platform.
Here, your agents can track support requests and answer them, while you or your administrators can analyze service agents’ effectiveness.
Zendesk can be useful for any business, an enterprise, or a startup, ensuring that your leads are never left unattended.
How effective is a CRM like Zendesk for solving queries? According to research done by GrandView, CRM is the fastest growing software market today. It was a $14 billion industry in 2010 and is expected to reach $80 billion by 2025. That’s nearly a 600% increase.
All exceptional SaaS products have one thing in common. They can be integrated with multiple other software or applications to provide an even better experience.
Integrating Zendesk with other software can customize and optimize it according to your business needs. It can be integrated with over 200 apps alone.
Popular apps that Zendesk integrates with to provide a more sophisticated CRM are-
Slack is a fast, structured, and secure platform to interact within an organization to exchange files, messages, and other tools. Integrating it with Zendesk is like joining two forces.
The result? Your customers and employees are on the same page, making everything more convenient.
CloudApp is an instant video and gif sharing platform. Integrating it with Zendesk can let you interact with your customers better by making the interaction more fun and answering their questions better. Because sometimes words aren’t enough.
Automate workflow and give the process of integrating a new meaning. Shopify helps you start selling online.
Save your agents time spent toggling through multiple accounts to access billing information on customers by integrating Zendesk with Shopify. Unify and directly store all the information on customers without leaving Zendesk.
You can also embed Zendesk’s live chat into a Shopify account. What you get is reduced cart abandonment, increased average order value, and more loyal customers.
What Products does Zendesk offer?
Zendesk for Service
People forget that good service doesn’t just cover customer satisfaction; it also plays a role in the business activities and helps keep it in sync.
Zendesk for service offers support in convenient ways for the customers, so it’s simple for them to get answers to their queries.
Meet your customers where they are, provide support anywhere, so customers can always reach you. The conversation stays connected, no matter how they choose to interact. Be it on messaging, live chat, social media, email, or voice.
Zendesk for service also has an “empower self” feature for customers.
Customers can build an integrated help center and community forum, resolving issues at their own pace — while reducing agent resolution times.
Zendesk for Sales
Maximize your productivity, pipeline visibility, and revenue for the sales teams with the help of Zendesk Sell.
Sales can be a pretty tedious process. Juggling between to-do lists while managing increasing customer expectations can be challenging. Zendesk Sell is a tool designed to help sales teams’ productivity, make decisions from data, and deliver better customer experiences.
Zendesk Sunshine platform
Zendesk is a fast, scalable, and reliable platform that can be up and ready to use in weeks. The Zendesk Sunshine platform helps connect with and understand all customer data wherever it lives.
Native to Amazon Web Services, it’s a customizable tool that can be coded into and used per your business’s requirements.
Zendesk is a one-stop-shop solution for customized themes, widgets, apps, and integrations.
Zendesk Marketplace offers a place for people to partner and collaborate with others. Use Marketplace to install apps for Zendesk support and Zendesk Sell.
- Real-Time Updates– Events are shown in real-time to agents in the system as they occur, such as viewing tickets at a given time and responding immediately, resulting in better productivity and efficiency in the long term.
- Agent collaboration– Agents can collaborate when an issue arises. Your agents can share information via private comments to help solve the problem faster.
- Help desk automation– Non-complex tasks are automated to free up time for your agents so they can focus on what’s more important.
Help desk automation takes care of tasks such as closing inactive ticket alerts and notifying a manager of a new issue.
- SLA management– The Zendesk built-in SLA (Service-level Agreement) lets agents set their parameters and utilize up-to-date methods to monitor a particular ticket’s status.
- Mobile apps integration– Agents can respond to visitor inquiries through smartphones while they’re on the go, thanks to the mobile app integration.
- Workflows– Support agents can ensure each ticket is routed, assigned, and escalated through workflows so that no inquiry or case gets lost or overlooked.
- Multi-Channel and Multilingual– Zendesk is available on various channels like email, social media platforms like Twitter or Kik via chat, phone, message, and SMS. It’s available in over 40 languages, so communication is never an issue.
- Centralized operation– Zendesk provides a single platform for all channels and aids (forum posts, knowledge base, and tickets) to be searched and accessed from.
Self Service Portals
- Community forums– Forums encourage customer engagement and accesses valuable feedback to help you understand what you’re doing right or wrong in your business. It helps for a deeper understanding and development of strategies.
- Knowledge base– According to Linkis, around 73% of millennials prefer to look for answers on their own.
A customizable knowledge base on the web is available. You can get a list of changes with its use over time, automatically save drafts while editing, create easy-to-understand articles with rich formatting, and translate to over 40 languages for a customized experience. A private knowledge base can also be restricted to specific groups.
Insights and Analytics
- Customer analytics– Let your agents view and understand how your customers interact and use your webpage, products, and channels to determine ways of improving their experience. You can also see which customers are happy or unhappy with your service.
- Performance Measurement– Keep track of your team’s performance and workload capacity to analyze and make better decisions in appointing and managing tasks productively and efficiently.
- Dashboards– Find out which analyses are relevant to customer experience and team management.
- Customization– allows the easy creation and customization of metrics, dashboards, and reports with a template, all without the use of SQL.
How does Zendesk work?
Zendesk’s all-in-one portal every service and resource a business could need for management.
Zendesk’s Streamlined Communication Formats make the live chat, voice support, and online messaging smooth customer communication. It also makes incoming tickets for your support agents convenient.
The Analytics Tools help identify slow-response time and bugs so you can fix them.
The Customer Self-Help Portal gives customers the choice of accessing the information themselves quickly without any interaction, freeing up time for your support agents.
But, how does one set it up?
- Create a Zendesk Account by filling up the necessary details (You must be the owner of the business to do this)
- Go to the Products on the top bar and click on Guide.
- On the page that appears, select Get Started
- To prepare your help center for release, plan how you will build and launch your help center. For inspiration, check out social media or YouTube.
- In the setup mode, customize the look and feel of your Help Center.
- Brand the help center by adding your product logo and your brand’s theme and color
- Take your help center for a test drive.
- Only employees can access the help center while it’s in setup mode. To see what the help center looks like to its end-user, see Previewing your help center.
- Test the help center in different browsers
- Set the display name for your help center
- Select the default language for your help center
- Add your content to the help center or migrate content from your existing community.
- Create knowledge base categories and sections (see how to organize content in your help center knowledge base in categories and sections)
- Finally, activate your help center by clicking Settings in the Guide, activating, and confirming activation.
Benefits of Zendesk
Zendesk facilitates support agents to work on multiple tickets simultaneously at high speed, which means no backlogging.
Superior Customer Engagement
Zendesk’s chat, voice, and messaging systems can be integrated almost anywhere on any device, providing an easy way for clients to contact your agents instantly.
Streamlined Sales Experience
When your support agents are required to solve customer problems, Zendesk provides valuable information and resources from previous interactions. Plus, Zendesks configuration is built for team collaboration. This helps agents answer questions faster, even if they have to be referred to another department.
Customer Retention and Loyalty
Providing exceptional customer service is the best way to retain customers and turn them into loyal customers over time. With the Zendesk analytics platform, you’ll have quick and easy access to customer data to help you retain your clients.
With fast, reliable customer service, and happy agents, your business will maintain a reputation that will give you an edge over your competitors.
Zendesk has different pricing options for different company sizes and budgets. As you can imagine, it appeals to both startups and enterprises.
Zendesk Foundational Support Plans
- Plan for Support Team: $19/Mo. per agent
- Plan for Support Professional: $49/Mo. per agent
- Plan for Support Enterprise: $99/Mo, per agent
Zendesk Suite Plans (all products included)
- Suite Team plan: $49/Mo. per agent
- Suite Growth plan: $79/Mo. per agent
- Suite Professional plan: $99/Mo. per agent
- Suite Enterprise plan: $150/Mo. per agent
Zendesk for Sales Plans
- Sell Team plan: $19/Mo. per agent
- Sell Professional plan: $49/Mo. per agent
- Sell Enterprise plan: $99/Mo. per agent
- Sell Elite plan: $199/Mo. per agent
Implementing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) can increase sales by up to 29%, improve productivity by up to 34%, and boost forecast accuracy by 40%, according to Salesforce.
To add to its credibility, Nucleus Research says that the average return on their technology investment (ROI) on CRM is $8.71 for each dollar spent.
It’s without a doubt that CRM has become an indispensable tool in today’s world, one that can benefit a business no matter its size.
Zendesk is an excellent CRM platform widely recognized as the best in its niche with its wide product options and features. Zendesk has lured some big names, collaborated with multiple companies to provide a more streamlined service that can take your customer support to new heights. We cannot think of a reason not to use Zendesk.
BotPenguin is an AI-powered no-code chatbot developer for various platforms like Facebook.