Nowadays, providing exceptional customer service is no longer optional - it's essential for gaining advantage and loyalty.
According to Microsoft, 91% of consumers say they are more likely to shop with brands who offer excellent customer service. But delivering personalized, timely support across channels presents an escalating challenge as contact volumes grow.
This intensifies demand for helpdesk ticketing systems that streamline request intake, technician assignment, SLA tracking, and resolution reporting for service teams.
In 2023, the best helpdesk software goes beyond just managing tickets. Now it has integrated AI-powered features like customer sentiment analysis, automated suggested responses, and multi-channel engagement.
According to Statista, the global customer service software market will reach $16 billion in 2023, reflecting the mission-critical status of helpdesk systems.
As modern customers expect omnichannel, instantaneous service, choosing the right helpdesk platform is now pivotal to customer retention and growth.
This guide examines the capabilities and benefits of the 10 best helpdesk ticketing systems to consider in 2023.
What is a Ticketing System?
If you've ever submitted a support request via email or phone, chances are you've interacted with a ticketing system. At its core, a ticketing system is a software tool that helps companies manage customer queries in a structured way.
When a customer contacts a company via a support channel, a unique "ticket" is created. It tracks the conversation and provides a framework for resolution.
Benefits of Using Help Desk Ticketing System
With the right help desk ticketing system and strategies, businesses can have the following benefits:
Streamlines Customer Support:
A help desk ticketing system ensures swift resolution of customer queries and provides timely updates on their requests. It can also help the company prioritize and assign tickets to the appropriate teams or agents, ensuring that they are handled efficiently.
A help desk ticketing system encourages collaboration among team members by allowing them to share notes, information, and updates in real time within the system. This allows support agents to have access to all the necessary information, enabling them to provide prompt and accurate responses to customers.
Improves Tracking and Reporting:
A help desk ticketing system provides valuable insights into the support process, including how many tickets have been resolved, and which support agents are the most effective. This data can help companies optimize their support operations, identify bottlenecks, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Criteria for Evaluation of a Helpdesk Ticketing Systems
When evaluating a help desk ticketing system, here are some factors you should consider:
Ease of Use
The first is easy of use, so ask this following questions:
- Is the interface user-friendly?
- Can agents easily access and manage their assigned tickets?
- Is it customizable?
Integration and Compatibility
Integration and compatibility is another criteria. So ask:
Does the ticketing system integrate with other tools and systems used by the company?
Reporting and Analytics
For reporting and analytics, consider these:
- Can relevant reports and metrics be generated?
- Can data be easily exported and analyzed?
Customer Support and Training
For customer support and training, these question will assist you:
- What level of customer support is offered?
- Is there onboarding assistance and training provided?
10 Best Helpdesk Ticketing Systems in 2023
In this section, we're going to take a comprehensive look at the top 10 helpdesk ticketing systems in 2023.
1. Zoho Desk
We have Zoho Desk, a comprehensive helpdesk ticketing system that covers all the bases. Zoho Desk is known for its robust features, scalability, and easy integration with other Zoho products.
Zoho Desk pricing plans start at $12 per agent per month for the Standard plan.
Here are some highlights of Zoho Desk:
- Ticket management for efficient and organized customer support
- Knowledge base for self-service customer support
- Automation and AI-powered features to enhance productivity
If we're talking about helpdesk ticketing systems, we can't forget about Zendesk. Zendesk is a household name in the customer service industry and for good reason.
This system offers a wide range of features and integrations to support your customer support efforts like a champ. Zendesk pricing plans range from $5 to $199 per agent per month depending on features.
Let's take a look at some of Zendesk's standout features:
- Ticket management to ensure every customer inquiry is addressed
- Omnichannel support for a consistent customer experience
- AI-powered chatbots and automation for faster resolutions
- Reporting and analytics to gain insights into customer satisfaction and agent performance
Now, let's talk about Hubspot, a versatile and popular platform that goes way beyond a help desk ticketing system. Hubspot is known for its robust suite of marketing, sales, and support tools, and its helpdesk ticketing system is no exception.
With Hubspot, you can centralize all your customer communications, track ticket status, and provide seamless support that leaves your customers singing your praises. Hubspot starts at $50 per month for the Starter plan and goes up to $3,200 per month for the Enterprise plan.
Here's what Hubspot brings to the table:
- Ticket management for streamlined customer support
- Integration with other Hubspot tools to create a unified customer experience
- Time-saving automation to enhance productivity
- Customizable reporting and analytics to gain valuable insights
We have Tidio, a user-friendly and feature-packed helpdesk ticketing system. Tidio is designed to help businesses of all sizes deliver personalized, real-time support to their customers.
This help desk ticketing system offers two pricing tiers - free for up to 5 chatbots and team members and $15 per month for unlimited.
Check out some of Tidio's notable features:
- Live chat for instant customer support
- Ticket management for organized and efficient customer service
- Automation and chatbot capabilities to improve response times and customer satisfaction
5. Jira Service Management
A household name in the domain of project management, and now, they've ventured into the help desk ticketing system space with Jira Service Management. With Jira's robust ticketing system, you can seamlessly integrate customer inquiries with your existing projects and tasks.
Talk about killing two birds with one stone! Plus, its advanced automation features and intuitive interface make it a breeze to manage customer support issues efficiently. Jira Service Management is $7 per agent per month for teams of 10 or less.
Key Features of Jira Service Management
- Automatically assign tickets to the right team member based on their expertise or availability.
- Create a comprehensive knowledge base to empower customers to find solutions on their own.
- Set service level agreements (SLA) to ensure timely response and resolution of customer issues.
- Gain valuable insights into your support operations, so you can continuously improve your processes.
Freshdesk, help desk ticketing systems are designed to make customer support a breeze. It offers a range of features to help businesses manage and resolve customer inquiries effectively.
With Freshdesk by your side, you'll never have to worry about missing a ticket or leaving a customer hanging. Freshdesk pricing begins at $15 per agent per month for the Blossom plan.
Some awesome Freshdesk features include:
- Ticket management for efficient customer support
- Multichannel support, including email, phone, and social media
- Knowledge base to empower customers with self-service options
- SLA management to ensure timely resolutions
7. Live Agent
Next in line is Live Agent, the help desk ticketing system that's all about providing real-time, personalized support to your customers. Say goodbye to long wait times and hello to instant responses with Live Agent.
This help desk ticketing system is known for its seamless chat experiences and robust features that enhance customer satisfaction. Live Agent starts at $15 per agent per month for the Team plan.
Check out some cool Live Agent features:
- Live chat for instant customer assistance
- Ticket management to keep support inquiries organized
- Proactive chat invitations to engage customers proactively
- Integration with popular platforms like Facebook Messenger and Twitter
When it comes to simplicity and ease of use, HelpScout takes the lead. This help desk ticketing system is perfect for small businesses or teams that value a clean and straightforward support workflow.
With HelpScout, you can provide top-notch support without getting lost in complicated features and settings. HelpScout starts at $20 per user per month for the Starter plan.
Let's see what HelpScout has to offer:
- Simple and intuitive ticketing system
- Collaboration tools for team-based ticket management
- Email integration for seamless customer communication
- Reporting and analytics to track support performance
9. Azure Desk
Now, let's talk about Azure Desk, a helpdesk ticketing system that embraces the power of the cloud. With Azure Desk, you get the benefit of a scalable and reliable solution that grows as your business does.
This help desk ticketing system is packed with features that empower your support team to deliver exceptional customer experiences. Azure Desk pricing plans begin at $8 per user per month for the Basic plan.
Highlighted features of Azure Desk include:
- Scalable cloud-based ticket management
- Multichannel support for a seamless customer experience
- Automation and AI-powered features for improved efficiency
- Integration with other Azure services for a unified workflow
Jitbit is a versatile helpdesk ticketing system that ticks all the boxes.
Whether you're a small business or a large enterprise, this help desk ticketing system has you covered. Jitbit pricing starts at $7.50 per month for up to 5 helpdesk users.
Let's check out Jitbit's standout features:
- Ticket management for efficient support tracking
- Knowledge base to empower customers with self-service options
- Automation and time-saving features to boost productivity
- On-premises or cloud-based deployment options to fit your needs
Evaluating helpdesk systems requires balancing current versus emerging needs and capabilities.
BotPenguin also offers a next-generation helpdesk with proprietary AI that could be a contender through customization and automation. As customer expectations advance, no single system will be right for every company. While newer than established brands, BotPenguin's unique AI focus aims to leapfrog systems by combining next-gen automation with robust functionality.
Defining must-have features, scalability needs, ease of use and TCO remains essential. But the stakes have been raised - modern helpdesk software now represents a primary competitive differentiation in customer experience.
The systems leading the pack will leverage future-facing benefits while retaining robust core ticketing capabilities!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are the key features and benefits of ticketing tools?
Ticketing tools typically offer features like automated ticket creation, prioritization, and assignment. They streamline communication, centralize data, and provide analytics, enhancing efficiency and customer service quality.
How does a ticketing system streamline customer support and issue tracking?
Ticketing systems streamline support by organizing customer inquiries into tickets, enabling efficient tracking, prioritization, and assignment. They facilitate collaboration among support agents, leading to quicker issue resolution.
Can you recommend the best ticketing system for managing customer inquiries and support requests?
The best ticketing system depends on specific needs. Popular options include Zendesk, Freshdesk, and Jira Service Management. Assess your requirements, budget, and desired features to find the most suitable choice.
Are there reliable options for free ticketing software available, and what features do they offer?
Yes, there are free ticketing software options like osTicket and Zoho Desk Free Plan. They offer basic ticketing features such as ticket creation, tracking, and basic reporting, making them suitable for small teams or businesses on a budget.