WhatsApp Chatbot: The Complete Guide for Businesses and Enterprises
It is no surprise that WhatsApp has become a highly worshipped tool for those who aren’t particularly tech-savvy. WhatsApp is the only messaging app where users are not subjected to technological difficulties. What if customers could order tickets using a conversational chat window on WhatsApp? Or could they carry out banking transactions by sending messages via Whatsapp?
Believe it or not, this is already happening. WhatsApp integrated with a chatbot would come in very handy in many businesses. So, let’s check more about it.
Are you a company looking for WhatsApp Automation? Definitely because you either want to utilize WhatsApp Business to grow your business or want to bring your customer service on WhatsApp. You'll be recommending all of the products, displaying categories, sending reminders, and speaking with your consumers regularly. As a result, WhatsApp Automation is required. It is not only more efficient and speedier, but it also saves you money in many ways such as:
What is a WhatsApp Chatbot?
A chatbot is a software program that communicates with users using predefined rules; it’s easy to install and use. Texts or even voices could be used to communicate with a chatbot. A WhatsApp Chatbot is defined by its application. WhatsApp Business Account Chatbot allows you to automate your sales and customer service. For example, If you use WhatsApp Business to run an eCommerce store, a WhatsApp bot will offer goods and related categories to your users when they ask.
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business is a Facebook-developed tool assisting in establishing businesses. WhatsApp allows enterprises to communicate with their consumers through chats, reminders, and confirmation texts on WhatsApp, making it the most outstanding alternative to outdated SMS systems.
WhatsApp Business Solutions are of two types:
- WhatsApp for Business
- WhatsApp API for Business
WhatsApp Chatbot with WhatsApp Business API
To enable a chatbot, one needs to have a WhatsApp business account. When Facebook opened the WhatsApp Business API for businesses in 2018, the concept of a WhatsApp bot was born. With WhatsApp APIs, you may automate sales and customer service by integrating your systems such as a WhatsApp chatbot, CRM, chat agents dashboard, and so on.
When compared to the Whatsapp Business App, the WAB API has even more functionalities. To begin, the WhatsApp API can connect with virtually any product or platform, including ERP, CRM, Support Desk, MIS, Marketing Cloud, and so on. The true magic happens when you use WhatsApp Chatbots and Natural Language Processing (NLP) engines like Dialogflow to automate interactions.
WhatsApp Business API is recommended for businesses with a large number of customers, typically over 5000. For API, a business must first apply for a WhatsApp Business Account via Facebook’s official page or through one of WhatsApp’s partners, depending on where your company/customers are located. Access is, once again, subject to WhatsApp’s approval. It is recommended that you apply through a partner. The approval process from WhatsApp takes anywhere from 2 to 28 days.
WhatsApp Chatbot and Conversation Design
When you create a WhatsApp bot for your WhatsApp Business account, it serves as your company’s first interactive face. As a result, it’s necessary to think about the most significant factor: dialogue design.
Conversation design is the process of creating all of the various discussions your customers can have with your WhatsApp Bot. Conversation design will assist you in identifying your consumers’ needs and their preferred methods of asking queries. It’s crucial to understand that users become frustrated when a Chatbot fails to provide the correct answer. The conversational design improves the user experience. It also increases the percentage of queries your WhatsApp bot can successfully respond to. Like, the following:
- Build Multiple Chatbot Flows: You must assume that there will be many conversational flows to drive people to your end goals, which will most likely be a purchase or another form of it. You may make your Conversational Design very efficient by using several flows.
- Be the Support, Not A Salesperson: Make sure the chatbot is polite and sounds like a personal assistant when building the discussion. Please refrain from over-marketing or boasting about your products. When your customers ask for it, only show them valuable things.
- Add Useful Fallbacks: There is no way for a chatbot to answer all of the questions. It is referred to as a Fallback or Chatbot Failure. Avoid utilizing a popular fallback response like sorry!’ when developing a dialogue. Make it more interactive if possible. You can also display the main menu or a sub-menu so that users can navigate to the item they want. Another option is to transfer the chat to a live agent if the integrated chatbot has the capability.
- Avoid Long texts: How often would you read a lengthy WhatsApp message? Keep your chatbot’s responses concise and to the point. Attach a document or media to your brief message if you want to explain something in greater depth.
- Add Call to Action in The Closing Messages: To be precise, to increase business. It is vital that at the end of a conversation, there must be a call to action. In other words, the chatbot must prompt the user to take a specific action, such as ‘buy now!’ or ‘Fill out the form.’ A solid user experience will also assist you in increasing the value of your brand on WhatsApp.
6 Advantages Of Building A WATI WhatsApp Chatbot
The most significant benefit of WATI is that it does not require you to be a coder to create a WhatsApp Chatbot. Conversational blocks can be made immediately.
- Your WhatsApp Chatbot will be different from your web chatbot (if you have one). You’ll be under Facebook’s guidelines.
- You can choose from crucial elements like Default Action and Pre-made conversational flows.
- Once you have the WhatsApp APIs, either you can develop your CRM and dashboard systems to track your chats and analytics, or you may use the pre-built WATI platform.
- As WATI is an official WhatsApp APIs provider, you’ll have access to the most up-to-date features as soon as feasible.
- Many services can assist you in creating a Chatbot, but they may or may not function with your WhatsApp number. You’ll need to purchase WhatsApp API from a platform that supports WhatsApp Chatbot Integration, such as WATI.
How to get started on WhatsApp Business App
- Search for ‘WhatsApp Business’ in the App Store/Play Store.
- Download and install WhatsApp Business on your phone.
- Please enter your mobile number and confirm it using the OTP. (Note: Once your WhatsApp Business number has been verified, you can only use it on the Business App.) It is an irreversible procedure.)
- Complete the basic setup by adding a display picture (your logo or a photo of your business), a business name, a category, services, a description, and an address. Make a catalog of the items and services you provide. Many useful options are available under ‘business settings,’ including Statistics, Short Link, Linked Facebook Page, Away Message, Greeting Message, and Quick Replies.
- The chat window and the remainder of the user experience are identical to the standard WhatsApp user interface. Because there is nothing new, we are not sharing any screenshots. You can do pretty much anything you can on the common app with this one. You may, for example, change your status, view the status of others, make and receive audio and video calls, join groups, and participate in group calls.
- Chats can be labeled and segmented into many buckets, such as new customers, paid clients, partners, or other custom labels. It is a valuable feature that will assist you as your consumer base grows.
- An intriguing feature that allows business owners to save a significant amount of time. When typing a quick reply, write a particular keyword after the ‘/’ key, and the entire response will be organized. It is handy when sending the same message to several contacts, such as a welcome message, thank you note, or a message to a website. You may also set up greetings and away messages to be delivered to your chats automatically.
When it comes to opening up its platform to businesses, WhatsApp has been both late and attentive. WhatsApp is sticking to its No Ads plan and will not stray from it in the future. However, as more and more businesses join WhatsApp, a more subtle form of marketing is emerging. It’s conversational marketing (or WhatsApp marketing), which is considerably different from the century-old advertising model. As we approach 2020, it appears that discussions will be the defining feature of this decade. Let us seize the opportunity before our competitors do.
BotPenguin is an AI-based chatbot platform that helps you create fantastic chatbots for various platforms and increases conversion rates up to 40%. Try BotPenguin chatbots now!