Simply put, a WhatsApp chatbot is a software program that runs on the WhatsApp platform and is powered by a defined set of rules or, in some cases, artificial intelligence.It is essentially software designed to converse with humans via WhatsApp messenger. Chatbots for WhatsApp means that businesses of all sizes can now deploy virtual agents to the world's largest messaging platform. It provides customers with unprecedented levels of convenience.
Imagine texting your friends about a house party tonight while also ordering burgers and shakes from McDonald's, all through WhatsApp.According to Eileen Brown, "Call centers, websites, and mobile apps are no longer the only means of interaction with brands. Chatbots are quickly becoming a business necessity for companies that want to engage with their customers. Online chat via chatbots is growing faster than any other channel."
These chatbots are programmed to respond to customer inquiries in real-time on your behalf. The primary benefit of a WhatsApp Bot is the ease of allowing you to interact with business customers and manage their issues in real-time.By utilizing the service, you will provide much-needed support to your customers on a platform that they frequently use. It improves your customer engagement and improves your customer experience, and helps you retain customers in the long run.
Methods for Integrating WhatsApp for Business
After Facebook purchased WhatsApp in 2014, it became not only the most popular messenger in recent years, but it also specialized in business services. To use WhatsApp for e-commerce or customer service, select one of the following options:
WhatsApp Enterprise App
The app is designed for small business owners who want to get started with a free WhatsApp Business profile. They can organize contacts, create a business broadcast, and respond quickly to messages. However, because the app struggles to manage extensive connections and channels, you may soon lose all necessary information in the multiple message stream.
Providers of WhatsApp API
If the number of chats and contacts has become too much, it's time to use something more severe and, sadly, paid. There are 60 official WhatsApp business API providers to help you achieve your business goals. 360 Dialogue, Falcon.io, LivePerson, MessageBird, Twilio, Zendesk, and many others. Please choose the best one for your needs, whether it's customer service, financial services, telecommunications, or e-commerce.
We strongly recommend opting for 360 Dialogue as your WhatsApp API provider because of their prompt service and easy onboarding.
WhatsApp API key for Business
An API key is required to establish your business presence on WhatsApp without spending much money on third-party companies. Integrating the WhatsApp API into a website or software allows you to gain nearly unlimited access to customer service or other messaging services. So, let's talk about how to get it on your own.
What exactly is WhatsApp Business API?
WhatsApp Business API is now available for medium and large-sized business owners, allowing them to reach out to customers all over the world on a large scale. WhatsApp business chatbots are built with the help of the WhatsApp Business API to instantly respond to customer queries at scale and increase your brand's reach.
A WhatsApp business chatbot engages in an automated conversation with customers that mimics a regular human interaction. It captures user behavior and can provide a richer customer experience with well-designed NLP algorithms and training.
Businesses are increasingly turning to WhatsApp business chatbots to boost engagement, increase brand visibility, and provide excellent customer service.
How to Create the WhatsApp Business API?
To begin using all of the WhatsApp API key's features, you must first create a Business account, verify it, set up billing, and do various other things. To make things easier, Elfsight has compiled all relevant information into a single guide to assist you in obtaining your API in 5 simple steps.
Step 1: Create a Facebook Business Manager account
It is the most straightforward step. Please fill out the form, and then check your email for further instructions from the Facebook Support Team to verify it.
Step 2: Check the status of your Business Client account
Begin the verification process for your company in Business Manager. This procedure protects users from misleading information and malicious intent.
- Navigate to the Security Center and select Begin Verification. The button will be greyed out if you haven't logged in to your Business account.
- Enter your company information, click Next, and choose your company from the list.
- Choose a phone number and confirm your data, then click Next.
- Obtain a verification code and then click Submit.
- It may take some time to go over all of your information. Following verification, your company will be automatically checked for compliance with the WhatsApp Terms of Service and Commerce Policy.
- Check your status in your Business Manager account's Settings tab. After you've verified your account, enter a phone number and a display name for your WhatsApp business profile.
Step 3: Obtaining Access to the WhatsApp Developer API
Finally, to authenticate yourself with the WhatsApp API client, you must obtain a token and register. The service is only accessible to users who have a valid authentication token. Follow the steps in that instruction. Then, you have three options for registering, installing, and changing your API settings. Here's a quick rundown of what they are.
- Web Business Tool Panel is a set of tools for running a business on the internet.
The graphical user interface provides API client registration, settings, and messaging access. Profile Settings allow you to modify your account information and description.
- Docker Compose
Set up the docker containers and directly manage the API settings.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
If you use AWS or prefer a more standalone solution, this is the ideal method for WhatsApp API integration.
Step 4: Pricing and limits for WhatsApp API keys
Once you've begun using the WhatsApp Business API on your website, the most important thing to consider is the billing process. It includes pricing and restrictions.
Pricing for WhatsApp API
The following are the most important things to remember when working with the service:
- You can respond to customers for free on the platform for up to 24 hours before charging a fixed fee for each message after that.
- Go to the Business Manager "Settings" icon Payments to view your invoices.
The price of each message is determined by how many notifications are sent in the market. WhatsApp determines your market operations based on the recipient's country code rather than the Business sending the message.
WhatsApp API Restriction
Another thing to consider is messaging limits. They are determined by the number of users your company can send daily messages. It doesn't matter if the conversation channel is new or old.
Step 5: Make use of your WhatsApp API
After establishing your API client, you can move to more advanced features. Here are a couple of examples:
- Webhooks: To handle incoming messages from people on WhatsApp who respond to you, including text, media, and other files, as well as the status of messages you've sent.
- Make a backup/restore: To make it easier to fix everything or move it to a different environment, use the /v1/settings/backup and /v1/settings/restore endpoints.
- Templates for Messages: Make use of the automated WhatsApp Message API. Create reusable messages for responding to customers or sending notifications to them. Here's a brief example of a welcome message template: "Greetings, 1! We are excited to serve you on WhatsApp."
- Mass Media: Upload, retrieve, or delete media using the media node.
- Observation: Using Prometheus and Grafana, create dashboards to monitor the WhatsApp Business API client and send notifications for changes in monitoring.
Looking through the guide, you can see that obtaining your API is not difficult. It only takes a few minutes and a little patience. Furthermore, it is entirely worthwhile. Using a WhatsApp API key, you can use data for business purposes or develop your solution based on Whatsapp messaging and WhatsApp chatbot.
BotPenguin is a smart chatbot creating platform. The BotPenguin also helps you get the WhatsApp business API and create a WhatsApp chatbot for your business.
Check out BotPenguin