What are voice bot and how to create a voice bot? Are they the next big thing? Find out!
Effective communication can boost your company’s customer relations, elevate your brand and push your sales. Do you know? Healthy communication with customers increases customer satisfaction and makes them loyal to your brand. Thus, many brands use IVR technology to guide the calls to a proper customer service person through a few steps. But, if the experience with IVR is old school and unsophisticated, it may not work well with your customers. In 2018, The State of IVR found that 80% of customers tend to avoid a company after a bad experience with IVR.
So it would help if you had a way to solve your customer’s queries in a quick and sophisticated manner to enhance your customer experience and stand out from other companies. A Voice Bot is a program that does the work for you, even in your absence. It is equipped with AI (Artificial Intelligence) to establish human communication with your customers and address their issues. This blog is all about using chatbots and how you can make one through simple steps. Let us find out!
A voice bot is an AI-powered software that allows a person to communicate with a machine using voice commands. Voice bots can be easily deployed into IVR, chatbots, etc. Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri are some examples of prominent and daily used voice bots.
1.Potential to understand and analyze
2.Ability to pause and listen
3.Rate of speech detection
5.AI-powered to continuously learn and improve
1.Maintain a clean data set
2.Training the voice bot
1.Add a flowchart
2.Add an introductory greeting
3.Create some intents
4.Provide the possible command for intent
5.Add some questions to make make the interaction effective
6.Provide answers for the expected commands
7.Add further steps if required
8.Connect to voice bot to phone line
They are getting better with every passing day, and newer technologies are leading to advanced features coming wrapped with them. They now come with integrated speakers to help get factual information. They can also get things done for you, guide you through specific processes to fix an issue, and even hand you over to a human assistant if required. It is easy to use, seamless, and effective but needs to be trained or programmed correctly.
What Is a Voice Bot?
A voice bot is an AI-powered software that allows a person to communicate effectively with a machine using voice commands. It enables the customers to navigate through the IVR engine with the help of their voice without them having to listen to menus and dial corresponding numbers, which leaves them frustrated and confused. Voice bots are programmed to understand a natural language by converting it into text formats and then pointing out the critical markers from the text.
AI takes over to help it settle for the best response in text format, and the rest is done by the TTS (Text-To-Speech) engine that converts text outputs into voice output with vivid predefined tones. These AI-powered voice bots are capable of understanding entire speeches and responding to them in a human-like manner. Voice bots can be easily deployed into IVR, chatbots, etc. Google Assistant, Alexa, and Siri are some examples of prominent and daily used voice bots.
Characteristics Of Voice Bot:
A good voice bot can effectively communicate with the customers and is a sophisticated technology to address your customer. It comes with certain features which make the conversation closest to human conversation and induces a feeling of satisfaction in the customer.
Some characteristics of a good bot include:
- Potential to understand and analyze
- Ability to pause and listen
- Rate of speech detection
- AI-powered to continuously learn and improve
Advantages of deploying a voice bot into your system:
- Voice Feature: Voice is the most traditional and easy way of communication, and being able to communicate by voice gives the sensation of being heard and addressed. Voice bots come into play by easing communication and adding fun.
- Seamless Experience: With the advent of technology, everything has become seamless and exciting. The old-school process of listening and dialing numbers has become dull here. Instead, voice bots can add fluency and convenience to your customer support system.
- Multiple Applications: Customer service and voice bots can be implemented in many other things in this tech-savvy world. We constantly communicate with multiple devices through various input methods, which can be replaced by the most common and seamless form of communication, ‘The Voice.’ For instance, Google Assistant or Siri makes our daily life easier by doing tasks on command.
- Wide acceptance: Voice bots are simple and easy to use. They are friendly to coordinate with you, and even a non-tech-savvy person can use voice bots without any hindrance. Thus it also proves effective to deploy them in customer service as they go very well with different types of people.
Challenges of having a Voice Bot in your system:
- A clean data set: While having a voice bot in your system, you must maintain a clean and organized data set for the program to get the best results.
- Training the voice bot: The more conditioned your bot is, the better results you get. But to make it wise, it needs some time and effort to solve problematic issues and might require human intervention at particular times.
How to create a Voice Bot?
Creating a voice bot that speaks for your company is a simple and exciting task. Follow these simple steps:
- First, we need to create a flowchart to handle the interaction flow.
- Add an introductory greeting. For example, “Hello, we are XYZ. How may I help you.”
- Then create some intents per your requirement and name each one.
- Provide some sample sentences which will activate the intent. For example, a customer who needs to know about his order status may throw the same question in different forms. Add all the possible sentences.
- Add the different intents into your flowchart parallelly to activate the right one as per the command. For example, what is the order status, how long the services are open, handover to a human, etc.?
- Then add answers to the intents. Or you can also add a question to make the conversation more effective and human-like. For example, “What is the Order ID?” or a simple answer like “We are open until 9 PM.”
- You may direct the call to a particular telephone number if required.
- You can further add multiple steps as per your requirement.
- Once you set up the voice bot, you need to configure it and connect to the desired phone line.
- Your voice bot is ready to resolve your customer’s query.
Future of Voice Bot:
Voice bots are improving daily, and newer technologies are leading to advanced features. Voice bots now come with integrated speakers to help get factual information and various things done on voice command. It has already contributed to exponential growth for the companies by addressing customer issues in much simpler ways. And now, surveys say that every six Americans prefer to use a voice bot regularly. And with the emergence of multiple Voice Bot brands like Google Assistant, Amazon Echo, and others, the number is rising daily. It is significantly causing a paradigm shift towards using AI voice assistants.
- Around 90% of people prefer to use voice bots
- 72% of people have already used AI voice bots
- 20% of the voice commands are used just for navigation purposes
- Around 27% of people faced issues with a voice commanding
To sum it up
Now you know how to make use of Voice bots. The above details will guide you to enjoy every bit of voice bots.
According to Deloitte’s research, 75% of companies prefer to invest in automation technologies, especially Artificial Technology (AI), in the upcoming years. And this automation procedure will take over many jobs at call centers for repetitive tasks shortly. This is an innovative and sophisticated way of interaction that can be deployed in numerous devices like IVR, chatbot, self-service, and others. They are not only engaging but also beneficial. And being the natural mode of communication, they also prove seamless. All these features together make them very suitable to be deployed as customer support.
Voice bots are AI-based voice assistants who can not only replace human conversation but can also get things done for you through the most traditional communication medium. They are getting extensively used by brands to establish better customer relationships through the most definitive mode of communication. They can guide you through the process and even hand you over to a human assistant if required. It is easy to use, seamless, and effective, but it needs to be trained or programmed correctly to get the best output from your voice bot.
And for that, BotPenguin can play an influential role in leveling up your game !!
Try out BotPenguin. It’s free.