Doubtlessly, Facebook is a gigantic American social media platform, possessing daily active users in billions. Moreover, it is the former parent company of numerous subsidiaries like Instagram, Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, and many more. (Now, the parent company is media platforms).
Resources revealed that 36.8% of the total population uses Facebook monthly (as of November 2021), which is enormous, right? From the stats, it is evident that it is the most used social platform, a favorite platform among the audience of the 35-45 age group.
It is beneficial not only in personal life but in professional life as well. Many businesses have increased sales and growth by advertising and promoting their products and services. So let's give it a shot.
On this note, it is presumed that you are thinking of creating a Facebook account if you don't have one yet and customizing it further. You are at the right place. This blog is a complete guide for people just like you. This blog will enlighten you on the procedures for creating and modifying a new account on both laptops and Mobile. So, keep reading!
How to create a new Facebook account?
- If you are using a desktop, open www.facebook.com, and if you are creating on mobile, download the Facebook app from the play store. Open the app and click 'Create Facebook Account.
- It will ask for your personal information. Fill in your first and last name. Enter the email id or mobile number of your choice. Next, type down your date of birth and gender.
- You need to create a new password and click on 'Sign Up' once you fill in all the required information.
- Last but not least, verify the email address or mobile number, whichever you entered prior.
- If you chose the email address route, look for the email containing the verification code received from Facebook. You can copy and paste the verification code or tap on the 'confirm your account' option in the mail.
- On the other hand, if you choose the path of the mobile number, you will receive the verification code by SMS and copy and paste the code onto the login page.
- Click on the 'Continue' button, and your account is ready. It is a cakewalk.
Wait a moment; there is more to be served.
Facebook comes with various useful features; you must undeniably try them out. It would help if you started personalizing or customizing your account to get the most out of Facebook. If you don't know how to do it, keep reading; we have covered everything you need to know.
How to change your name on Facebook?
If you ever felt like changing your name on Facebook, for instance, you want to change your last name after marriage; this is how you can do it quickly:
Be aware that this platform allows users to change their names once every 60 days.
- Log in to the account by visiting www.facebook.com.
- Click on the small dropdown arrow on the top right side and tap on the 'Settings & privacy
- Click on 'Settings.' Look for the 'General' tab and press it.
- There you can see 'Name' and select 'Edit.' Enter the desired name and click on 'Review change.'
- Next, a pop-up asks, "choose how your name will appear on your profile." Choose accordingly.
- Enter your password and lastly, click on 'Save changes.
- Open the app. Tap on the 'three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on the 'Settings' tab and click on the 'Settings & privacy.'
- Select 'Personal and account information.' Then tap on the 'Name.'
- Enter the desired name and select 'Review change.'
- Enter your password to save the changes.
- First, log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on the profile icon in the "What's on your mind?" bar or tap the arrow on the top right.
- Tap on the 'camera' at the bottom right of your profile picture frame.
- An 'Update profile picture" window appears, where you will find two alternatives- 'Upload photo' and 'Add frame.' Select the option you desire.
- Your picture's preview window appears wherein you can drag the pic to reposition and also crop it.
- Lastly, click the 'Save' button.
- After launching the app, press on the three horizontal lines in the top right corner.
- Under the 'Menu,' tap on your profile. As a result, your profile page will become visible; click on the 'Camera' icon.
- A list menu will appear from the bottom of your Mobile's screen. Then, tap 'Select profile picture.' Select the pic you wish.
- After this, the 'Preview profile picture window will appear. Crop it if required.
- Furthermore, enable the checkbox next to "Share your update to news feed" if you want to post an update that you have changed the profile picture.
- Tap 'Save' in the top right corner.
- Launch your account and click on your profile picture to jump to your profile page.
- Click on 'Edit cover photo' in the bottom right of your cover photo.
- You will get four options over there:
- The upcoming task is to tap on the 'Save changes button, and you are done!
- By using Mobile:
- Open the app. Tap on the three horizontal bars present in the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, click on the 'Pages' option, which will land you on your profile page.
- Tap on the 'Camera' icon in the bottom right corner of your cover photo.
- A menu will appear with options – 'View profile cover,' 'Upload photo,' 'Select photo on Facebook,' 'Create collage,' or 'Select Artwork.'
- Make your call as per your wish.
- Select the image to be used as a cover photo.
- A preview window will pop, and you can use your fingers to drag the image to reposition it.
- If you don't want to post the cover photo on your news feed, uncheck the box next to "Share your update to news feed" at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, hit the 'Save' button; hence, you successfully set the cover photo.
- Launch your Facebook page.
- Click on the settings from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- You can see the 'Messaging' tab in the left column.
- Toggle on the bar present next to 'Show a greeting.'
- Hit the 'Change' button, and edit it by making necessary changes.
- Lastly, hit the 'Save' button.