April 30, 2020
Build a Chatbot with these 10 Easy Steps
You always wanted to discover how chatbots will be effective for your business but could not? You always wanted to design your own chatbot, but could not?
There is no need to search anymore, you can do it now simply by following these easy steps:
Build Chatbot in 10 easy steps
1. Understand your chatbot’s goals and define them:
First, the most important thing is to identify and be specific in what your chatbot actual goals are. You must specify the kind of goals you want to achieve using it, do you want to use it to sell something? Or just want to answer customer queries? or want to increase customer engagement?
2. Do thorough research about your target users:
Once you are clear with the goal of your chatbot, you must do detailed research on your users about what they actually want and what their needs are.
Then you must ensure that your chatbot goals match with the user’s needs. If not, then you need to realign the goals that you wish to achieve with your chatbot.
3. Create a user Persona Beforehand:
After you have done a detailed study about who the target users are and what are their needs, start creating user personas, in simple words, decide a personality of your target users and define their parameters:
· What will be the age group?
· Which genders are to be targeted?
· The language of the users.
· Their tentative location.
· Their professions.
4. Create a list of topics you want to cover:
Once you know about the goals and target, start creating a list where you need to sum up the topics that you intend your chatbot to cover e.g what all questions it can answer.
It becomes really important for you to define which topics your chatbot can cover, obviously you cannot expect it to do everything.
5. Be specific about the figure of speech:
After finishing with the preliminary steps, a really important aspect is to be taken care of i.e. you must give a personality to your chatbot and that personality must define your brand.
You must give it the same figure of speech as your target users. Be clear about the tone of your bot, decide on different aspects, make choices about the style of the chatbot. The style must be engaging to the user and must create a connection between your brand and the user.
6. Pick the right building platform:
This is one of the most essential parts- to pick out an appropriate and suitable channel for building a chatbot out of innumerable chatbot building platforms.
While making the decision the following things need to be considered:
· Integrations: Decide which Integrations you require for your chatbot i.e. Facebook Messenger, Slack, Whatsapp, Skype, Viber, and many more. Some of the channels offer more Integrations, you must decide accordingly.
· NLP:You must know, if you require a bot that can understand Natural Language or just a rule-based chatbot that provides responses as per previously served responses then it has to be a Natural Language Processing based
· Customization: You must decide about the customizations you require in your chatbot. Pick a chatbot maker platform that allows you to customize your bot and various features associated with it.
· Functioning: You must pick a platform that suits your business needs i.e if you want your chatbot to deliver some valuable information to the customers, it must enable you to do so.
7. Design your conversation flow:
Once you choose the suitable chatbot builder, start framing a set of dialogs according to the use cases that apply.
Define greetings first and then start giving dialogs to your bot. Decide on topics and subtopics, then frame suggestions and quick replies for the bot.
8. Be clear and concise:
While framing dialogs, do not overdo anything. Do not create complex sentences, try to encapsulate information in short and simple sentences. Do not try to pass on too much information at the start. Let the user get engaged first. The tone of your bot must be consistent. It must provide such an experience to the users as if they are having a conversation in real-time.
9. Architect the NLP:
Natural Language Processing allows your bot to understand natural language. When a user inputs text in natural language(informal), the chatbot understands it and provides a response accordingly.
The NLP adds a great set of qualities to your bot which improves the user experience and handles user queries better.
10. Make timely revisions
Even though you think that your bot is good to go, it is always important to make revisions and test your bot before launch.
Always be ready for failures, and be ready with a different conversational flow if the users don’t get engaged in the first attempt. In case the bot is unable to understand and answer the user queries, you must provide an alternative, maybe to redirect to the help page or pass on the conversation to a human, so that no user gets disappointed. Hence it is important that you choose a chatbot building platform that provides the option of NLP as well as live chat feature in the bot.
If you follow all the above steps carefully, you are bound to get great results. Just keep your approach simple and precise while designing your chatbot and the accompanying chat flow. You will see your business grow faster and more efficiently with the right chatbot platform by your side.