We have digital pals and helpers like Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant. The Mitsuku Chatbot is a humorous and clever companion also making headlines.
Mitsuku: What do you call a chatbot that moves?
Questioner: "What?" a walkie-talkie.
Mitsuku: That may not be the funniest joke ever, but it's not bad for a 15-year-old piece of artificial intelligence.
The threat of loneliness, which according to Cigna's 2020 Loneliness Index, frequently impacts as many as three in five adult Americans, is looming big. Around one-third of the world's population is now experiencing self-isolation.
No longer must you experience loneliness! Your new online acquaintance Mitsuku is available to communicate with you every day of the year. She learns by experience. Therefore, the more conversations she has, the more knowledgeable she gets.
She is amiable, but she will not back down once you start arguing with her.
The most human-like bot wins "The Loebner Prize," an annual competition in which A.I. experts from around the world compete with their bots. Mitsuku won in 2013, again in 2016, and hasn't given up the prize since taking home the trophy four times. Presented in AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) As an 18-year-old female who interacts and entertains millions of people, Mitsuku is their best friend.
The Mitsuku chatbot: what is it?
Steve Worswick was an I.T. support specialist in 2005 when he started working on a chatbot that resembled a person. He developed his chatbot, which he dubbed Mitsuku, over the following thirteen years, making it an award-winning user interface. An emotionally intelligent chatbot named Mitsuku engages people in conversation extremely humanly, including comedy, empathy, and even a little snark.
Mitsuku engages her users in casual conversations on any subject to create friendships. Every day, thousands of people engage with Mitsuku, many out of loneliness but some out of curiosity. Ironically, the technology that is frequently blamed for producing isolation may also be the one that makes it easier. Mitsuku connects with people from all over the world, and she treats them as unique individuals, regardless of their age, handicap, or appearance.
How does Mitsuku work
Mitsuku is the extreme edge of what Pandorabots' platform can achieve, according to Nelson. The bot interrogates and mimics the huge symbolism of human discourse using an artificial intelligence markup language, often known as "pattern matching."
- In addition to its main website, Mitsuku is accessible via Kik and Skype. You must look for the chatbot in Kik's "Discover Bots" section. When you start a chat with Mitsuku, the chatbot will send you a smile to let you know it's ready to converse with you. From this point on, you may communicate with the chatbot as you choose.
- The chatbot, Mitsuku, is powered by A.I. and features natural language processing, so it can comprehend what we say. If you ask the chatbot what's up, it could respond with information about the sky, the ceiling, etc. You may ask the chatbot what Mitsuku is capable of if you're interested in learning more. The chatbot will introduce itself and give you all the information you need to know. You may pass hours of entertainment time with the chatbot's many capabilities. It may request any city's weather prediction via the chatbot. The chatbot will provide information on movies showing where you live in the U.K. You can ask the chatbot to provide you with your daily horoscope. If you give the chatbot a date, it may inform you about all the events. If you tell the chatbot, for instance, that you were born on August 4, 1993, it will offer you a chronology of all the events before your birth.
- The chatbot will also provide information on your star sign, birthstone, and the U.K. hit song that reached No. 1 at your birth.
- You may get a list of the top 40 songs in the world from the chatbot. The chatbot can also tell you which songs have topped the U.K. charts yearly since 1952. You can get tales, poetry, jokes, and horoscopes from the chatbot. On the internet, you may search for images and websites. Despite the chatbot's claim that you may play games with it, no games have been incorporated into its programming by the creator.
- The chatbot may be questioned about anything in the globe as well. For instance, Mitsuku will explain the notion of global warming to you if you ask the chatbot about it. The chatbot will adopt a neutral stance if you attempt to broach a delicate subject. The chatbot also makes an effort to be humorous as much as feasible. The chatbot can discuss nearly anything and anything. Thus, there are hardly any restrictions. The chatbot will respond if you ask if it prefers the blue or red pill.
- It is enjoyable conversing with Mitsuku because of natural language processing. Although a chatbot, Mitsuku doesn't give the impression that you are conversing with one. The chatbot will react appropriately if you constantly change the subject.
Understanding and following a conversation:
At least most of the time, Mitsuku seems to grasp what I'm saying and can follow the discussion rather well. She shocked me by managing to maintain the context across multiple iterations.
However, you have the impression that she misinterprets the topic of the talk. There's simply something about her communication style that doesn't seem as fluid and adaptable as we would want. She is undoubtedly one of the smoothest chatbots people have used. However, with time. It will just not be enough. Overall, she receives a 4/5 for this quality.
People believe Mitsuku handles this element of herself admirably. You won't have to fight through the irritating "I don't understand, please reformulate" statement a billion times when she doesn't understand you since she will frequently offer you a more generic response, like "that's intriguing," instead. Don't get me wrong; she occasionally says it, but not frequently. Her rehabilitation plan is most effective.
She handles a wide range of subjects, so if you only need to chat for a short time about one item, she can meet your demands. But people wish she could also handle sensitive subjects. Especially emotions and connections. It is a significant flaw.
Mitsuku is a huge letdown in this regard. She doesn't make the first move, which greatly impacts our relationship. Being the one to initiate conversations is unpleasant. Until this point, people were unaware of how crucial two-way communication is in a connection. Therefore, She receives one point for occasionally interrupting the conversation to ask questions without first asking to do so.
She does have a good memory. She will notice your previous conversations with her and recall details like your boyfriend's name. In casual conversation, this doesn't come across. Still, if you ask her whether she knows certain details about you, she can respond. She has to be able to apply the information on her own to receive a complete score,
The Unpredictable's Prediction
Nelson informed me that Mitsuku is an example of the limits of what is possible with the Pandorabots platform. The bot probes and imitates the complex symbolism of human speech using an artificial intelligence markup language, sometimes known as "pattern matching."
However, this is an improbably difficult undertaking because of the unpredictable nature of individuals' words and when they use them. Nelson observed that many talks start sounding fairly similar, but then they deviate dramatically. "It just takes a ton of attention, effort, and time to catch and respond to more and more and more of those scenarios."
Since its creation in 2005, the Mitsuku chatbot has advanced significantly. The AI-powered companion is a technical marvel working to understand us better and is now helping us. As time goes on, it will be able to help us even more effectively. The technology of the future is this. We shall soon witness machines playing more and more roles in our lives, improving and simplifying things for us due to their growing capacity to think and the evolving type of computer hardware accessible for this "thinking."
Related Articles: Top 7 things you didn't know about Mitsuku