5 incredible reasons why Chatbots are going to rule the customer service segment
Are you an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur looking for a technology-driven and improved customer service logistics for your company?
Are you someone looking to know about the latest developments and the future of the customer service industry?
In case the answer to these questions is yes, then congratulations! You have landed at the right place!
What is Customer service and the current scenario
Customer service is direct communication between a customer and one of the company’s representatives to assist the customer in one way or another. It is crucial to the buyer’s satisfaction, which in return, decides the company’s reputation and repeat business.
Till one or two decades ago, customer service was mostly carried out by customer service executives exclusively hired to serve the customer service needs. They usually assisted either by providing solutions via phone calls or by visiting the customer in person.
Problems with the older methods
There were many problems with this method of customer servicing. The major ones of them were:
- High operation costs – Hiring multiple customer service executives used to cost companies a lot of money, especially when the number of customers was large. Also, training these executives with the technicalities of the product itself required costs.
- Human error – Customer services via officials also led to many cases of human errors in areas of technicalities, logistics, execution, etc. This, in turn, affected company reputation and product credibility.
- Availability – One of the biggest problems with human service executives was the lack of their availability throughout the day, which also created a lot of dissatisfaction amongst the customers, especially if they demanded a 24×7-customer service helpline. Still, very few companies could achieve that with just human customer service facilities.
Chatbots-The Ultimate solution
Since companies were facing the above-listed problems, finding a solution was of utmost concern to them. With technology developing rapidly, the experts thought of disrupting the customer service domain and solving it through its adoption. This gave birth to chatbots.
Chatbots are mobile/web applications that simulate conversations. The idea was to use them as a replacement for human workers in as many relevant areas as possible and provide round-the-clock availability.
Ways in which chatbots changed the domain
Chatbots brought with it many changes.
- It automated the customer service areas where most of the queries were repetitive.
- It made the customer experience much more personalized.
- It made customer service available on a 24×7 basis.
- It saved the hiring and training costs of the service executives for the companies, as it is almost a one-time investment.
- Chatbots reduced the human errors that used to occur earlier.
Many businesses are used to catering to customer inquiries on online platforms, and their usage will rise in the upcoming years. Various predictions claim that chatbots can cut operational costs by up to 30%, and 85% of customer interaction will be handled without human agents by 2021. Therefore, most of the businesses these days are switching to chatbots to cater to customer queries.
BotPenguin – one of the best chatbot platforms
As the demand for chatbots rises, it is no wonder that many chatbot developing companies have risen in recent years to cater to this rising demand. Different software developing companies cater to different types of customers with different needs, different target customers, unusual user traffic, diverse data collection, and delivery targets, etc. With so many options available, it can be challenging to choose the best chatbot platform for your company to boost your business.
Among all such companies, BotPenguin is one of the best chatbot platforms that stands out from other companies with the quality of services it provides and the reasonable prices they offer.It offers different services for businesses with different needs. With its clients across the world, it caters to every type of customer with different needs and demands. Its Customer Service chatbot provides instant answers to FAQs and directs complex questions to service personnel if needed. It is a complete one-stop solution for businesses looking to improve their customer service and save money simultaneously.
With the recent boom in technology, it can be concluded that chatbots are here to stay and grow. Their performance will improve with time; they will get more customized to individual business’s needs and be able to take care of almost every type of customer efficiently. As these improvements occur, they will be used and adopted by businesses more and more. Companies deploying chatbots are sure to stay ahead of the competition and grow rapidly, today, as well as in the future. After all, a satisfied customer is the best advertisement for any business.